Finger-by-finger makeup tricks
Tip of the week…
▪ The pointer: The pad of the index finger is the “ideal” tool for dabbing color on your lower lip. For the precision required of the upper lip, use the finger’s tip.
▪ The middle finger: Apply blush evenly by tapping this finger from the temple to the cheekbone.
▪ The ring finger: The digit that’s hardest to move independently also applies the lightest pressure, making it best for the delicate task of applying concealer underneath the eye.
▪ The pinkie: Reach the inner corner of each eye with the tip of your smallest finger. With a touch of highlighter or shimmery shadow, “you’ll instantly look more awake.”
▪ The thumb: Press a thumb pad into eye shadow and apply the pigment to the opposite eyelid. Wiggle the thumb to spread the color.
▪ The Heel: Use the heel of your hand to press bronzer into cheek hollows, then again to apply highlighter above the cheeks.